Thursday, May 07, 2009

Tea for two (+2, +2, +2 . . .)

Today was the annual Mother's Day Tea at the girls' preschool. The tea is only for the pre-K and 4s classes, so Loaf's class didn't participate, but it's just as well because it gives me a little quality one-on-one with Peanut, which I so rarely get.

The tea started with a couple of songs performed by all the kids. They were so cute!

Then the kids came over and joined the moms at the tables and waited on us hand and foot. It was adorable to have Peanut asking me, "Mommy, would you like another muffin," and "Mommy, can I get you something to drink." I loved it!

Unfortunately, the royal treatment was short-lived and within 10 minutes of arriving home we were back to regular roles, but it was nice while it lasted. And it also showed me she CAN be trained to do this stuff. Now to figure out a plan for making it a regular thing.

::laughs evilly::

Here we are at the tea:

IMG_0268

But the highlight every year for me is this little "questionnaire" that the kids fill out about their moms. Let's begin with Peanut's:

IMG_0274

"Mother's day is because of mothers."
I'm so relieved she got this one right! If she'd said you know, dogs or cupcakes or something, I'd have been seriously concerned.

"You are 39 years old."
Last year, she said I was 17. I liked that answer better.

"The best thing you cook is cake."
I don't really think this is funny, I just wanted to point out that it reads "cake" and not "coke." I don't need the DEA or Child Protective Services banging down my door in the middle of the night.

"You love to go to Target."
Ummm . . . OK, busted. I do spend a lot of time there. In comparison, the mother sitting next to me likes to go to Africa. I think we are living very different lives.

So now, let's look at Loaf's answers:

IMG_0273

"Mother's Day is to hug and kiss."
Awwww. I know.

"You have stringy hair."
What this tells me? Is that it is time to make an appointment for a haircut.

"The best thing you cook is macaroni and cheese."
I am so glad that my "open box, pour macaroni into boiling water, dump powdered cheese on top" skills are up to par.

"Your favorite TV show is Black Beauty."
I think what she means is, "your favorite TV show to put on for me when you need an hour to get something done is 'Black Beauty.'"

Happy Mother's Day from me, a cake-baking, macaroni-and-cheese-making, stringy-haired, Target-going, brown-eyed, 39- (or maybe 5-) year-old mother. Hope you get the royal treatment too, even if only for a few minutes.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger alejna said...

Those answers are priceless! (I also enjoyed Peanut's answer about your favorite TV show.)

9:15 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

You two look adorable together.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

They are too cute. Happy Mother's Day!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Hope you have a happy mother's day.

1:38 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

So cute! Happy Mother's Day weekend. Hope you get some well-deserved breakfast in bed on Sunday

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home