Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I am looking forward to spring because . . .

carnival

1. I have washed and "put away" my kids' parkas on four separate occasions now, only to have to unpack them and put them back into rotation a day or two later. I just pulled them out of the dryer AGAIN yesterday and today? Low 40s. Despite that, they were out in spring jackets with a thick sweater underneath. Easter has passed, it's mid-April and the winter coats have got to go!

2. I have a boatload of absolutely adorable sundresses and summer tops that I'm dying to dress my kids in. Also? Peanut just shred her second to last pair of tights and I really don't want to have to buy her more in what I can only hope are the the last dying breaths of winter.

3. My winter clothes are shot. And boring. Today I put a hole in the knee of my favorite LUCKY jeans and I am not buying another pair until fall. Plus, I have three new pair of capri pants, several skirts and a host of sleeveless tops that are calling to me.

4. Last week I ordered a boatload of new plants from White Flower Farm and I am chomping at the bit to get them in the ground.

5. Sandals! Sandals! Sandals!

6. I need a good excuse to get a pedicure (see reason #5).

7. I hate being cold.

8. Our house is ridiculously expensive to heat. I swear it's like a sieve with heat pouring out every crack and crevice. It's also drier than the desert in here with the heat on and I'm sick of waking up with my throat feeling like sandpaper.

9. Spring fun includes: Loaf's birthday, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day and Mark's birthday. Good stuff!

10. Sleeping with the windows open! Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger Library Mama said...

I so hear you!

We woke up two mornings ago to a blizzard. Our front lawn still has snow on it. I'm so tired of snow!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya on the parkas. We had record snowfall yesterday. In April. That can stop ANYTIME now.

Got to you through the carnival btw. :)

11:44 AM  
Blogger ryssee said...

I'm so sick of wool sweaters I'm going to run over the next sheep I see. Got some cool gear for "spring" and summer too - but the Office Sweater will still beckon and my feet will be cold 'cause you know how it is in there. I think the office temp in summer shouldn't be set below 75!
Ris

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home