Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy belated blogirthday!

I realized, somewhat belatedly, that my blog passed its one-year mark on March 7 (three days ago, but who's counting besides me?)

So yay! Happy Blogirthday! Or maybe it's Blogiversary? I'm not sure, but when I started this little endeavor just over a year ago, I sure wasn't at all confident that I'd keep up with it so yay me!

To celebrate, I'd like to share a Cool Tip of the Day:

If every household replaced its five most frequently used lights with Energy Star bulbs, it would have the same effect on reducing greenhouse gases as if we took 8 million cars of the road. Wow! That's so cool. As a bonus, doing so will save you about $60 a year in energy costs. So get to changing out those bulbs!

Bonus tip: Don't forget to Spring Ahead tonight! Catch you on the flip side.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

We have a bunch of those bulbs, but I had no idea they were so efficient! I'll be replacing all our bulbs with these as they burn out. Thanks for the tip!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I slipped over here from mrs. chicken's place...

And YES....I am proud to say that I use those bulbs too!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had many of the flourescents for years and love them. You'll love reading under them in the summer because they emit so little heat.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home