Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A holiday meme

My friend Beckie e-mailed this to me, so I thought I'd answer it here.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper generally, though for really bulky or weirdly shaped things, a gift bag is a wonderful thing.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the first Saturday in December.

4. When do you take the tree down?
I like to leave it up until the second or third of January, but last year I took it down two days after Christmas because I could not stand the nightly reassembling another day.

5. Do you like egg nog?
I do. But I try not to think about the raw egg thing too much or I may vomit back into my cup.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The Barbie townhouse. It had an elevator!

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, but I haven’t put it out in three years for fear of the damage little fingers will do to it. Hopefully next year.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband. Seriously. The man is impossible. He wants nothing, thinks he deserves nothing and rarely offers up a single idea.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Peanut. Walk into the Disney store. Pick up any random item. You are done.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Oh mail, definitely.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
An Office Max gift card. What the hell?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Polar Express. I cried rivers

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
October

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. Sorry. ::ducking::

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cookies!!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I like white. The kids like colored. If you read regularly, you know who won this year. If not, scroll down to see.

17. Favorite Christmas song??
I like so many. Do You Hear What I Hear, O Holy Night, Silver Bells and Sleigh Ride are my favorites though.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We travel to Massachusetts every year. On Christmas eve, there is a large family party with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins and their children. It is a wonderful, fun time, though I must admit it makes me sad to think my kids won’t have any Christmas memories in their own home. I would hate to miss the family party, but some year before they outgrow Santa I think we’ll have to stay home just to give them a chance to wake up and experience Christmas morning around their own tree. I haven’t been able to bring myself to actually do that yet though.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Easily.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We open some gifts – from my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.- at the above-mentioned party on Christmas eve. The rest we open Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Stress, trying to make everything “perfect,” rude, obnoxious people.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I have an eclectic tree with everything from expensive blown glass balls to the popsicle stick reindeer my daughter made at school last year.

24. Do you have a stocking?
No! But my kids do.

25 Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Ham.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A new winter coat and maybe something smaller and sparkly to wear with it. ☺

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh my gosh! My favorite gift (actually the only one I really remember) was a Barbie Townhouse complete with a pink elevator! I loved that thing! Merry Christmas!

beth

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home