Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh Christmas tree

So finally, here is a photo of our tree. It's been up for over two weeks. I have not felt much like photographing it.

Admiring the tree

We made the switch this year to multi-colored lights (not my choice AT ALL) because my kids LOVE themselves some colored lights. The more colorful and gaudy and cheesy and blinky the Christmas lights are? The more they like them.

I like the classic, white, simple lights. Like our pretty tree from last year. Oooo. Ahhhh.

But because I firmly believe Christmas is for kids, I had to go with colored lights (for a few years).

However, I must look on the bright (pun intended) side here. The switch prompted us to make the move to LED lights. One small step . . .

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

You have to give in when the kiddos want the mult-colored lights. I prefer the white ones too but I know that I will soon be outruled. Hubby told me that he prefers the colored lights too.

I think the tree looks great!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

The tree is beautiful... but I agree with you, and prefer white lights.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Rocas said...

I prefer the white lights, that is why we have colored ones.

A couple posts back you talked about problems with the kids touching the tree (as the picture shows); I think colored blinking lights are the problem ;)

6:29 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

I gotta say, I'm a colored lights kinda gal. Love all white too though. Your tree looks so pretty, either way, it's nice to have one in the house.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know I've always loved colored lights. I grew up with them and have bravely carried on the tradition. White is too... icey...toooo....winterish...too boring in its perfection. The yule season was originally conceived to banish the cold desolation of long nights and colored lights do that. I've noticed up north here, a lot more people are returning to the colorful displays - now if we could just banish the ever-present white deer.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Laura McIntyre said...

Its lovely, i love coloured lights

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home