Thursday, November 29, 2007

Once upon a time . . .

Today in the living room, Loaf noticed for the first time a framed photo of Mark and me on our wedding day. It has been in the same spot for years, but she’s never paid much attention to it before.

Wedding day!

“Mommy, wear crown,” she said pointing to my tiara.

“Yes, that’s right. A tiara. And this was my veil,” I said, running my finger along the fluff of white behind my face.

“Pretty white dress, Mommy.”

“Thank you.”

“Mommy, hair up. Pretty.”

“Thank you again. And who’s this guy?”

“That Daddy!” she said with surprise, seeming to notice him in the photo for the first time. (She has obviously inherited the female gene that recognizes the wedding day is All. About. The. Bride.)

“Do you like this picture?” I asked.

“Yeah!”

“Me too.”

“Happily ever after,” she said, still studying the picture.

Wow.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh, how charming.

The Poo once looked at our wedding picture and declared, "Mommy's a princess!"

Something so fascinating about it - I still like to look at my parents' wedding photos and wonder what they were like then, especially now that my dad has passed away.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

So sweet. It's funny the things they don't notice... and then suddenly do notice. How great... happily ever after.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Awwww....that's adorable. And it really is a good photo. <3

2:47 AM  
Blogger evilpinkcupcake said...

oh my goodness that is the sweetest thing EVER! LOL Did you cry? Cuz it almost made me cry.... man I am a horomonal mess

3:46 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Too cute!! Of course she noticed you - you were the one in the beautiful dress ;) What girl doesn't notice a pretty dress?!

1:57 PM  
Blogger imaginary binky said...

Lovely! I get all mushy and such when I see wedding photos.

Happily ever after, indeed.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home