Friday, June 13, 2008

Snippets

Tuesday afternoon. 100 degrees
Me: I’m going to put on my bathing suit and sit in your pool.
Peanut: You can’t do t hat! Your butt is too big and you’ll pop it.

***

Driving home from the gym on Wednesday.
Loaf: Oooo, look mom, a castle!
Me: That’s not a castle, that’s a church. It’s pretty though, isn’t it? Would you like to go to church?
Peanut: (Incredulously). Mom, you know we don’t have the patience to sit through church.

***

Wednesday afternoon
Me: Look at my two daughters! You two are the nicest, sweetest, smartest and most generous girls I know. I am such a lucky mommy.
Peanut: You forgot cute.
Me: Oh. Of course, cute too.
Peanut: And beautiful.
Me: And modest.

***

Yesterday morning Peanut woke up at 5 a.m.
Me: So why were you up so early this morning?
Peanut: I just woke up.
Me: And you thought it’d be good to wake me up too?
Peanut: Well, someone had to do it.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Ha! She cracks me up.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

So logical, that one.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable. They really do say the funniest things.

11:31 AM  
Blogger ryssee said...

LOL-love the first one. Of course, it's completely untrue. But her butt's a lot smaller than yours so ya just gotta keep it in perspective :-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You are raising some witty children!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Chris Curtin said...

Very cute.

Did she ask you for breakfast at 5 am? My oldest did that a few times:

'Mom (to my wife, but I was up too) can I have bacon for breakfast?'

or

'Mom, what are we having for lunch?'

Now we can't get my oldest out of bed before 10 on the weekends. Of course as soon as she gets up she wants breakfast!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Hysterical. Absolutely hysterical.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

She's a total crack up! (But, dang, your butt is about the size mine was in middle school.)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home