Monday, June 22, 2009

I left my blog in San Francisco

Or something like that.

Last week, I went to visit my "little" (26-year-old) brother and his girlfriend in San Francisco. My mom and step-father were also there.

We had a great time and crammed so much into the trip.

Tuesday, after I landed, we had lunch in Sausalito, then went to Muir Woods and Muir Beach. At Muir Beach, we hiked way up onto the bluffs, which offered an incredible view of the coast:

IMG_0651

IMG_0654

Wednesday, we drove up to Truckee, CA, an old western, gold-rush town with lots of cute shops. Then we went sight-seeing around Lake Tahoe, which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen:

IMG_0663

IMG_0678

Thursday, we explored San Francisco. We went to Lombard Street ("America's Crookedest Street"):

IMG_0694

IMG_0696

We also went up to Telegraph Hill and then downtown to Market Street, where we grabbed a cable car ride across town. We also explored the shops in Haight-Ashbury.

Friday, we went to the Japanese Gardens in Golden Gate Park, saw a bit more of Haight-Ashbury, and went to Fisherman's Wharf, were we saw the famous sea lions of Pier 39:

IMG_0754

Then we grabbed a ferry to Alcatraz:

IMG_0764

IMG_0768

IMG_0770

IMG_0778

Alcatraz also had some spectacular views of the city and bridges:

IMG_0782

Saturday, I flew home to my husband and kids, who I missed terribly! Next time, they must come with me.

* * *

Oh, and I also celebrated a milestone birthday. On the 15th, I turned 30, 35, 40.

I know.

Mark threw me a surprise party on the 13th, which was a blast. A great group of friends and family came by to celebrate with me. I was so honored and excited and genuinely surprised because typically my husband, God bless him, can't plan more than four hours ahead. So kudos to him.

All in all, life's been busy, but good.

And now that my blog is back from San Francisco (or whatever), I be back making regular entries.

What's been new with you? Did I miss anything?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

Happy Birthday!

That looks like a great trip. We were in SF Saturday night too, seeing "Spamalot" at the Golden Gate Theatre.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome photos.
Glad you had a nice trip.

Happy Birthday!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Not Hannah said...

Wow, lady, I LOVE some of these pics. The sea thistle with the ocean behind and the tree trunk/waterfall? Gawjuss.

Glad you made it home safe.

1:37 PM  
Blogger alejna said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love San Francisco, and not just because I was born there. It was fun to see your pictures.

Happy Birthday, too!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home