Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ready, set, potty!

Everyone's been telling me not to stress. That Peanut will use the potty "when she's ready." Which I suppose is true. I don't know too many 8th graders still wearing diapers, but still, that was hardly comforting because there's always the possibility we've bred the one child willing to hold out until junior high. I was starting to have visions of buying Depends for my 10-year-old.

But then today, she just marched down the hall, pulled off her diaper, sat down and used the potty. She then went into her closet and picked out a pair of big girl underwear, which she put on all by herself. She didn't even mention this feat to us and it wasn't until a while later when Mark picked her up and noticed she was not wearing a diaper that she revealed what she'd done. Sure enough, there in the potty was the evidence.

She used the potty all day after that and while I'm not jumping any guns, I'm obviously thrilled with this development. And to think, I was just about to resort to bribery by going out and buying a huge bag of M&Ms. She'll never know she was just days away from regular, daily chocolate. Let's keep that between us. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home