Thursday, August 16, 2007

Put on your sunglasses . . .

. . . and behold Peanut's new day-glo PINK! room.

Ta-Da!

New Pink Room

The neighbors complained a bit at first about the bright PINK! aura emanating from our windows at night, but they got over it once they realized their kids could now play soccer in the back yard into the wee hours of the evening. The neon glow has other advantages too – no more nightlights needed. In fact, now we hardly need to use lights anywhere in the house at all.

For those of you who haven't stalked me to my house yet, her old room, which was painted "unknown sex of fetus" neutral looked like this:

Old "baby" room

And while, yeah, that was kind of cute, the Big Girl turns four tomorrow (hold me) and "unknown sex of fetus neutral" was just not cutting the mustard anymore. After all, she is no longer an infant, never mind a fetus, and she is certainly, 110% GIRL. A girl who loves princesses and kitty cats and flowers and PINK! So as her main birthday gift this year, she got her wish of a new Big Girl room. She even picked out the bedding. It wasn't my choice, but look how happy she is:

Happy girl in her new "big girl" room

Awwww. That's totally worth having to wear shades in my own house.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Love it! Love the pink! I always wanted my room to be either pink or purple but I had this freaky apple green color - I think it was on sale that month so that's what I got. And yeah, it was the 70's and all!

You go big girl :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger a happier girl said...

My three year old pink addict would love a room like that. I especially love that comforter/quilt on the bed.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home