Monday, August 06, 2007

Tag! I'm it.

So Ryssee my extremely cool, world-traveling cousin, tagged me for the following meme. Here are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight Random Facts About Myself

1. I don't like scary movies. I can't even bear to watch promos for them on TV. Even the really dumb ones, like Cabin Fever can keep me up for hours in the middle of the night.

2. I cannot bear to watch TV without Tivo. When I am at someone's house who does not have Tivo, I constantly find my fingers twitching in a futile attempt to fast forward through commercials. Our Tivo remote broke three days ago and we haven't watched TV since. Yes, we have ordered a replacement. Yes, I am counting the hours (about 29) until it arrives.

3. For the first 33 years of my life, I swore up and down that I did not want children. Then one day - BAM! I woke up and thought, "I must have a baby. NOW!"

4. I really wished I had learned to do something artsy - sing, dance, play an instrument. Anything. And don't tell me it's not too late. It just is. Maybe someday when my kids are in high school or college, but right now? No fucking chance.

5. I have a whole community of women friends who I met on the internet while planning my wedding. I've been talking to some of them for nearly 9 years, have met bunches of them and check in with them on an online forum several times a week to this day. They're a very cool, wise, fun, supportive group and I feel very lucky to know them.

6. I wish I were 2 to 4 inches taller.

7. I once lived half the winter in an apartment in Utica, NY without heat because I didn't want my landlord to come in and find out I had my cat there, which was forbidden in my lease.

8. Best trip ever: my honeymoon in Hawaii. Worst: Probably one of the times we went to visit Mark's sister and the two of them fought like cats and dogs the entire time with me stuck in middle. Fortunately, they get along MUCH better now.

So that's me. A quick perusal of some of my favorite blogs shows this meme has already made the rounds, so I'm tagging just one person. Yoo-hoo Maureen? TAG! You're it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Oh, ha ha!! So, I've been tagged, eh? I'll get you back Kim :)

I have to say that scary movies keep me up all night too. I sleep with the lights on and wake up with every little freakin sound. I don't know why I watch them!

As for the Utica thing - LOL!! You crazy girl. I would even attempt to live up there without heat.

11:31 AM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Ditto TIVO, I love that thing. too funny about the apartment in Utica!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home