Saturday, September 08, 2007

Mood swings

This morning, everyone in my house was up at the asscrack of dawn. Trying to make the best of it, we decided to take a quick jaunt into the City (that's New York for those of you who think "the City" could possibly refer to any other metropolitan area. Everyone here knows there is really only one CITYin the whole, wide world) for some delicious treats at Amy's Bread.

I rushed through the shower, quickly dried my hair (which I am still having a love/hate relationship with just incase you were wondering), and put on a bit of makeup. Somewhere in this process, Loaf came into my bathroom and decided she wanted to play in the sink.

This is a no-no. And she knows this. But she continually does it anyway. So I had to remind her that it's not allowed.

Within seconds of my reminder, she was having a full-blown, flat-on-her-back, flailing, feet-stomping-on-ground, crying, rolling, twisting tantrum.

So I took my usual tactic and ignored her. If you read any baby books, they'll say ignoring a tantrum will help diffuse them toot sweet. I think Loaf missed that, because she can carry on a tantrum endlessly.

It went on and on. I walked out of the room and into the kitchen, where I prepped a few things for our trip. Several minutes later, I returned to the bathroom to find her still flat on her back whimpering.

Loaf: Noooo. Mommy. Nooooo. Want sink. Play sink.
Me: Loaf, we're going to go into the City now to have breakfast. Do you want to go?
Loaf: OTAY!

Then she got up and skipped happily down the hall as if the whole thing never happened. Lord help me when this kid hits puberty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home