Thursday, December 20, 2007

Memory lane

In the last few weeks, we have received dozens of wonderful Christmas cards. The vast majority feature happy, smiling children, but a couple friends have been brave (and wise) enough to send photos of crying, cranky and rambunctious kiddos. They all make me smile, but I have a special place in my heart for the "less than perfect" ones.

Which is why I just had to revisit one of my favorite postings from last year: The ugly truth behind cute Christmas cards.

Anyone who got a card from us this year knows that I skipped right over this process and went with a collage of pictures taken over the last few months. Much easier. Less stress. Actual happy, smiling children without bribery, coercion, threats or screaming. Ahhhhh.

Happy holidays!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Last year's post pictures had me laughing hysterically. I so know exactly how those photo shoots went. I've given up already and just pick photos where Zoe looks cute. This year I took advantage of that one early snow and had pictures of her buddled up and eating snowballs. Good enough!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I LOVE this post...or, rather, last year's post! Very funny. We have started just picking out any ol' random photo that happens to be with all the kids (or, like you, thank goodness for collages) that is from the previous 2-3 months before Christmas. Who cares about red and green, nice outfits, snow, whatever!

beth

9:27 AM  
Blogger Rocas said...

That reminds me of when my kids were your kids age. My son, who is the youngest, was always jumping and climbing around, but we managed to finally get him to sit still for the photo. To this day when people see the photo, they remark on the colorful belt he is wearing and how well it matches his sweater(which in reality is a scarf that we used to tie him to the chair).

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ugly Truth is my all time favorite.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home