Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just a little off the back (and the front and sides)

Yesterday, Loaf did something that nearly made me pass out.

One minute, she was happily sitting at the kitchen table, cutting strips of paper with her safety scissors, and not two minutes later the room was filled with carnage and horrified screams.

The screams were mine.

And the carnage consisted of her pretty little curls.

Evidence

Yes, Loaf gave herself a haircut.

Loaf's new bangs

Looking on the bright side #1
It could have been a LOT, LOT worse. I've heard stories of preschoolers who put the scissors right against their scalp and cut. Or those who lop off ponytails below the band. So really, in the world of self-haircutting, this is not so bad.

Better look at the front - pretty, no?

(She looks so damn happy and cute here, it’s almost impossible to stay pissed at her. And she knows this. Grrr!)

Looking on the bright side #2
She also decided to give her sister a trim, but fortunately cut straight up into her hair vertically instead of going across the back. So it’s a few strands thinner, but otherwise fine. So again, we were lucky.

Side view after I evened it out a bit

Side view after I evened it out.

This side is not so bright
She has bangs now. And a mullet. (Fan-fucking-tastic.) And this comes just when her hair was starting to look really cute. It was long in the front and a little wild, but in a sweet, curly-Q kind of way that only a two-year-old can pull off.

I refuse to go as short all the way around as it is in the middle. It will grow in.

The back. It’s a lot shorter in the middle, but I refuse to go that short all the way around. Hopefully, it will grow in quickly.

Looking on the bright side #3
Fortunately, school pictures were taken two weeks ago. Phew. And someday when she is complaining to her friends about the bad haircut she had when she was almost three, I will show her those school pictures along with this post as proof that I did not do this to her. The therapy she'll need for this one rests fully on her own (hair covered) shoulders.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger dig this chick said...

I love how she's all proud and beaming in every photo like look what I did!. You are right, it could have been worse.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Zoe's hasn't done that (yet). I'm sure the time will come.

For cutting her own hair it doesn't look too bad... but thank goodness the cut came after picture day!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I live in horror of this day at my house! My friend's little 3 year old just did this to herself, too. Awful! You did a really nice job touching it up, though.

beth

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caelin cut her bangs to the scalp one time. Kelsey cut gum out of her hair recently following her natural part.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

oops! ;)

Wait until they decide to cut each other's hair!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gone Crazy ~ Back in a minute! said...

Now that's one thing that my girls never did. Oh course it could be because I never gave them scissors until they went to Kindergarten. The Kindergarten teacher told me she thought Belle could benefit from a little more practice time at home with the scissors. I thought...Gawd no! Don't you realize that I have spent 5 years trying to keep her from using scissors...LOL! You're right, it could have been a lot worse and really you can't tell. :)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home