Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Statistics from a bad commute home

My commute home took three hours.

Time I left the office: 5:15 p.m.
Miles traveled: 38
Average time commute home takes: 49 minutes
Snowfall by 5:15 p.m. last night: about 3 inches, and still coming hard.
Number of stops to clean ice off windshield wipers: 2
Average speed on drive home: 29 mph
Number of Cokes consumed: 1
Number of cars seen stuck on hills: 4
Number of accidents seen off on shoulder: 3
Number of tractor trailers that flew by me at normal speed: at least 10
Number of times I prayed out loud: 638
Actual commuting time last night: 2 hours, 43 minutes
Number of plows/sanders seen over course of entire trip: ZERO

Nice job, NJ.
Really well executed.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mayberry said...

three HOURS! that's just awful. Glad you made it safely.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Binkytowne said...

Before I got to the bottom I was thinking you and I were driving on the same road. This blows.

4:11 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Aaarrgh I HATE it when that happens. Glad you made it hime safe though!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Holy crap!

Yeah, I'm glad we moved! It took 45 minutes in normal weather to get home when we lived in NJ.

Last night, I grabbed Levi at 4pm so we could get on the road. It took an hour and 40 minutes to get from Berkeley Heights to Bethlehem. I still think it's better than NJ. :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Yesterday was just miserable. We were out in the morning but I was glad I didn't need to go out again later in the day.

Nick was flying back from a business trip and had 2 flights cancelled because of the weather in Newark. Ugh. He did eventually make it home though.

10:52 AM  
Blogger imaginary binky said...

Bleah! I hate driving in that stuff. What the heck is up with truck drivers? They do that in Colorado, too.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Rocas said...

That snowfall was a weird one. I actually made the whole trip home in my normal time. The snow wasn't encountered until I hit the Princeton area and got worse as I climbed further north, but I hit this weird traffic bubble where the traffic was super light and I didn't need to worry about every other person around me.

The ride back to Delaware the next day; well that was a whole different affair. I hate it when life re-balances.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home