Sunday, February 15, 2009

Credit where it's due

My husband hates Valentine's Day.

This is not to say that he cannot be sweet or romantic - he can, and he is - he just doesn't like being told that he HAS to be sweet and/or romantic within the confines of one mass-market, commercial, Hallmark-created, 24-hour period in February or risk the wrath of a pissed-off spouse. He would rather do so on his own terms.

And I GET that. I do. And I don't totally disagree with it. But that said, I still appreciate a small token of affection within the confines of a certain 24-hour period in February nonetheless. Last year, he didn't even wish me a Happy Valentine's Day and by about 5 p.m. I was practically homicidal. I'm still surprised he lived to tell the tale of how his wife went crazy one Valentine's evening.

I told him on that day, just over a year ago, that I did not need some big lavish production. I did not need a store-bought card or a dozen roses, or chocolates or jewelry or any of it. A nice note and a sincere smooch would do it.

Well, apparently, he was listening, because look what I found on my desk yesterday morning:

Homemade Valentine from my sweetie

And here's the inside:

Inside of homemade card

I'm so lucky!

::cue the "awwwwws"::

(And yes, he signed his last name. He always does. It is part of the magic that is him).

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

In case you confused him with another man of his name. ;) Sweet card!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how he threw the "young" in there... covering all his bases. Wise man

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too cool!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Momisodes said...

ROFL!!!

O_M_G. I swear. I think our husbands must be related somehow. Really.

Because it's like we're living parallel lives. :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Awwweee!! That IS the perfect Valentine. One that HE made from the heart...better than any commercial stuff!! That's awesome Kim!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

That's so much better than a Hallmark greeting anyway! And, roses only last so long but you will have that forever.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

That is so sweet.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home