Saturday, September 19, 2009

You're my home*

When you look into my eyes
and you see the crazy gypsy in my soul
it always comes as a surprise
when I feel my withered roots begin to grow.


June 2000

Well I never had a place
that I could call my very own
but that's all right my love
cuz you're my home.


Visiting Chesterwood . . .

When you touch my weary head
and you tell me everything will be all right.
You say, "Use my body for your bed
and my love will keep you warm throughout the night."


August 2009

Well I'll never be a stranger
and I'll never be alone
wherever we're together
that's my home.


Our "Dancing with the Stars" moment
Home could be the Pennsylvania turnpike.
Indiana's early morning dew.
High up in the hills of California.
Home is just another word for you.


March 2009

Well I never had a place that I could call my very own
but that's all right my love
cuz you're my home.


Sept. 2003

If I travel all my life
and I never get stop and settle down.
Long as I have you by my side
there's a roof above and good walls all around.
You're my castle, you're my cabin
and my instant pleasure dome.
I need you in my house
cuz you're my home.


Love this shot

Happy 10th Anniversary to my most awesome husband!

I am awed by the love we have - love that has carried us through two decades, two homes and two children. Love that is not always easy, but is always true and always present. Love that still takes my breath away, sometimes at the most unexpected moments. Love that seems as fresh and alive as it did on day one. Love that will be with us for many more years to come.

*And thanks to Billy Joel, for writing one of the most beautiful love songs ever.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on ten years. We celebrated our 11th this summer and it's always amazing too look back and see how much has happened.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous mayberry said...

How beautiful! Happy anniversary.

11:39 PM  
Blogger G. Eric Francis said...

a nice piece. happy anniversary (albeit a late wish) for you too. Next time ur in indy ya gotta look moi up!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely lyrics, indeed. And congratulations on an achievement many aren't committed enough to reach these days. Here's to 20 and 20 and 20 more.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! 10 years already?!!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home