Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hello blogosphere. I'm back. I hope.

Want to guess what one of my New Year's goals was? To resume regular blogging.

Hmmm. Well, it is January 26 and this is my first post of 2010. I'd hardly call that regular.

However, not a day goes by that I don't think about this blog. It nags me silently when I'm driving or working or brushing my teeth.

Update me.

Update me.

Update me.


And yet, the ideas just won't come.

I also think often about the bloggers whose work I have not read in WEEKS. I wonder what is new with their lives, their families. I crave their words, but have been too afraid to check in. Like the phone call you don't return right away. A few days and it's awkward. A few months and you just plain look like a jackass.

But I know, deep down, that I want to come back. Writing is in my soul. I just need to sit down and start typing.

So here I am, starting again. I hope you've all been well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger alejna said...

Glad you're back!

It's always hard to come back to blogging after a lapse. I always feel this sort of pressure to post something of substance, something of value. I usually end up posting something silly. (My favorite is the time when I went 10 days--a long time for me--without posting, and then posted photos of a potato masher.)

By the way, I sent you an email that I'm not sure you've gotten. Could I be getting spam filtered?

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home