Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mean old grinchy Mommy

I took down the tree today. As much as I loved it, its time had come. We put it up on Decemeber 2, and its odds of spontaneously combusting were starting to scare the piss out of me. You couldn't even brush against it without about 98 needles falling on the ground. So you can imagine the unbelieveable mess that resulted from plucking off all the ornaments, garland and lights. It looked like a pine forest exploded on my living room floor.

After sweeping and vacuuming for about 45 minutes, there are still plenty of needles laying around. I know without a doubt I'll still be finding stragglers in a month.

After it came down, Mark said to Peanut, "Where is the Christmas tree?"

Peanut: It's on the front step. Mommy put it out there.

Mark: Yeah, Mommy took the tree down because she's mean.

Nice. Really. Freakin'. Nice.

When she needs therapy in 10 years to deal with the memories of her "mean" mommy, I'll be sure the bill comes out of his mid-life crisis sports car fund.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger *******DIANE******* said...

Good plan!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home