Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My child: social butterfly

In the past week, Peanut has received not one, not two, but FIVE invitations to upcoming birthday parties.

05-16-07_1800

It seems that in addition to saving for college, we need to immediately open a savings account in order to provide a steady stream of birthday gifts to area children. We also apparently should forgo all hopes of having a social life of our own and resign ourselves to the fact that all of our weekends forvermore will be dedicated to driving Miss Popular around to various social events.

I remember the days when Mark and I went to parties where there was alcohol and loud music, and not a balloon, cupcake or person dressed as a cartoon character anywhere in sight.

::le sigh::

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ryssee said...

It's just not the same as when we were kids! Not only are there parties but they're often held at ice cream places, painting-ceramic places, Discovery Zone. Eesh.
Me, I liked my little immediate-family-only birthday parties with a cake from a box with Jiffy icing on it (unlike you though, I preferred the cake to the icing!)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm so with you. In fairness, the majority of these parties are at people's homes, but in general the whole thing has gotten way out of hand.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home