Monday, September 17, 2007

Eight is great!

Tomorrow is my eighth wedding anniversary! Wow!

Instead of writing another smoopy post, I'll just link to the one I wrote last year. Change "seven" to "eight" and that pretty much sums things up. I still love him more than I can express and we do still manage to have a pretty great time together.

We went out for a fantastic, wonderful, delicious dinner at Blue Hill in New York City on Friday night. The food? Amazing. The service? Impeccable. We were treated like royalty (thanks to Mark telling them it was our anniversary when he booked).

The one itty bitty downside? Less than an hour after eating, I got sicker than a dog. I am really having a hard time blaming the restaurant since:
A. Everything they serve is local and extremely fresh and
B. Mark and I ate off each other's plates all night and he didn't get sick and
C. Can food poisoning really hit you less than an hour after eating?

I think the leftover chicken I had for lunch is a much more likely culprit. But either way, getting sick on our big night out and having to come home early to face hours of intestinal distress was full of much suck. MUCH! SUCK!

We've vowed to take a rain check and Mark was muy understanding (as were our friends who'd trekked into the City to hang out with us after dinner). Sorry guys!

So rather than focus on the tragedy of my recent night out, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite wedding photos, which still make me smile as I remember one of the most incredible, perfect days of my life:

Love this shot

Wedding day!

Heading to the cocktail hour

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ryssee said...

Wow that was only 8 yrs ago? Seems like longer, just think of all the stuff that's happened within our families since then!
I loved your wedding. I still talk about that great band and still remark on your really fun wedding song! :-)
Happy anniversary!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy anniversary to you!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a lovely wedding. Happy anniversary. As a side note, D&T's anniversary was 9/11. Yep, 9/11. And your granparent's anniversary was Pearl Harbor Day. Sooo, while dates like these make anniversary dates easier to remember, let's hope yours remains untouched by world events.

7:25 PM  
Blogger katogill said...

Happy Anniversary and many blessings to Mark & you!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary -- I hope you get that do-over celebration soon. Beautiful pictures!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thank you all!

Aunt Shirley - we nearly picked 9/11. In '99, it was the Saturday before the 18th and it was really a toss up. In hindsight, obviously glad we picked the 18th.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home