Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Evidence of growth

Two years ago, I opened an envelope full my daughter's school pictures and was moved to tears.

Last week, I picked up two more envelopes - one for each daughter, and while the tears didn't flow this time around (I think I'm just more prepared for it now), the shock was still the same, especially when it comes to Peanut. She is transforming bit by bit into a bonafide Little Girl, slowly migrating away from her previous labels of "Baby," "Toddler," and "Preschooler."

And then there's Loaf. She is so petite, practically slight, and I can't help still think of her as my baby, but she's obviously growing, changing and maturing all the time. I know someday soon, before I can believe it, I'll open an envelope and there will be a tween looking back at me, followed soon thereafter by a teenager.

I dread it, and not simply because those years are virtually guaranteed to bring about eye-rolling, sighing and backtalking of epic proportions. I main reason I dread it is because I know the midday snuggles on the couch, the bedtime stories, the gigantic bear hugs around my neck, will be gone - found only in memory boxes and the dusty corners of my own brain. And, of course, envelopes of old pictures kept safely tucked away.

Peanut 3s:

Schoolpict

Peanut 4s:

School picture 2008: 4s class

Peanut Pre-K:

School picture 2009: Transitional K

Loaf 2s:

School picture 2008: 2s class

Loaf 3s:

School picture 2009: 3s class

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are both so adorable!

You are right - Loaf does still look babyish. She has a sweet smile.

They melt my heart.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

Ohhh, they are all gorgeous, but that Peanut 4 is just amazing.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

Cuteness personified.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Momisodes said...

Oh they are just adorable. It's so sad to see that "babyness" disappearing when looking back upon photos. I still can hold back tears when I see my daughter's baby pics.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Where does the time go?

1:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Oh, I can't look. Seering!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don’t worry. Every age has it’s own little rewards and challenges.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home