Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Feeling the void

One of our cats, Janey, was killed by a car yesterday. It hit hard for a number of reasons, but most of all because I never saw her go near the road. She usually just sat on the front step or in the garden, soaking up rays or rolling in the driveway.

We didn't have her very long - only 15 months - but she had become an important part of our family.

She was a sweet, gentle, calm cat. She liked to play with elastic hair bands, drink from the bathroom faucet and while she wasn't much of a lap cat, she was very social. She would follow you from rooom to room, run up to meowing when she saw you, and sit close by.

She will be missed.

Janey Girl

Janey profile

Click here for more Wordless Wednesday posts.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.
I can't even imagine it.
My Callie is my first cat..
thankfully he's still around.

Your cat looks like Karen's cat Tigger. :o)

Cute cat.

11:55 AM  
Blogger JO said...

Sorry for your loss.

Here's mine. Happy WW.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous mayberry said...

I'm so sorry! How sad!

1:34 PM  
Blogger alejna said...

I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful kitty.

4:54 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Gotta say again how sorry I am to hear this news. Ask your mom about Sadie-my heart broke when I lost her. I'd feel the same with the two I have now. :-(
Hope the kids are ok.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

I'm sorry about your cat.

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry about your sweet cat. Pets are so much a part of our lives.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Not Hannah said...

Aw, sweetums. She looks like she knew she was loved...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Momisodes said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That is just heartbreaking. She was a beautiful kitty.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh Kim.. I am so sorry.. ((hugs to you guys))

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry :( she was a beautiful kitty.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home