Sunday, July 23, 2006

Old friends are the best friends

I had the pleasure of spending yesterday afternoon with six very good college friends, their spouses and oh-so adorable and delightful children in Connecticut. People drove several minutes to a few hours to be there, coming from Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York.

There is nothing like a friend who always makes you smile, who you can go months or years without seeing, but pick right back up where you left off, and who makes you forget all your petty worries, stresses and frustrations the instant they hug you hello.

One of the greatest things about these get-togethers is seeing how much the “next generation” has grown and changed since the last visit and watching them all play together and form new friendships.

I’m so lucky to have so many wonderful friends like this. I wish I could spend additional time with them and always miss them more for a spell after a weekend like this passes. But I know they’ll all be there. Waiting for the next time we can get together, catch up, laugh and forget the rest of the world for a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With tears in my eyes I say "ditto!"

Love ya
B

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home