Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Communication gone awry

As I'm pushing the double stroller on our walk tonight, Peanut sticks her head out to the side and says oh-so matter-of-factly, "Stick it, Mommy."

Eh?

So I keep pushing the stroller, thinking there is no way I just heard what I think I heard and ask her to please repeat what she said. Again: "Stick it."

I shoot Mark one of those accusatory, "what have you been saying around the children?" looks, but he is plainly as shocked as me.

This time I stop the stroller and go around to the side. "I'm sorry, Mommy didn't hear you. Can you please repeat that?"

"Stick it. Stick it, Mommy," this time with greater emphasis and frustration. Finally, she starts grabbing the back of the stroller cover, which is Velcroed together around the metal frame. The Velcro has come undone. "STICK IT," she exclaims in a "good Lord, do I really have to repeat myself again?" voice.

Well, thank goodness we straightened THAT out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger *******DIANE******* said...

It's funny how our adult minds are so jaded. I remember when my oldest was about 3, we were at the grocery store and he said something about getting in line "over there by that big white guy". I thought, "how sad that at the tender age of 3 he's already aware of racial differences." Until I looked over to where he was pointing and saw a huge Casper the Friendly Ghost helium balloon tied to the checkout counter.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

That is just too funny!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home