Tuesday, November 21, 2006

To swear or not to swear?

So my husband read my blog today and while he likes it overall, he thinks the cursing is "beneath me."

I don't completely disagree, but I also feel like this is just about the last free place I can swear. I can't swear at work, and I certainly make a real effort not to swear in front of the Short People (not that one doesn't slip out sometimes, but I certainly don't make it a habit and I feel instantly guilty for my goofs). Besides, when I'm writing on here, I try not to be too gratuitous about it. I don't swear just for the sake of swearing; I save my curse words for the times when I feel no other word truly fits the bill. I mean how can you really talk about O.J.'s book without using the F-word, or calling it a piece of shit?

And Mark sees that, but he thinks instead of saying shit I should type "sh*t" or something, which really? What's the point? You're all adults and you'll still read it as "shit" in your head, right? It seems kind of silly to censor myself that way. But I'll throw it out there. So I'll pose the question to you, to my eight or so regular readers, what do you all think? Keep the swears or edit them? I'm not promising I'll do what the majority wants, but I am curious what you all think about the issue.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ryssee said...

Tell him I said that's bullshit.
I like your damn weblog just the way it is.
Laryssa

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never noticed the damn swearing.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cute about Mark but I enjoy your potty mouth.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say your potty mouth is still cleaner than my potty mouth, and I can't wait until the time that "potty" isn't in my vocab!!!

5:18 PM  
Blogger *******DIANE******* said...

Censoring is for p*ssies!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home