Saturday, November 03, 2007

Many kisses, many blessings

Yesterday, as I was leaving for work, both girls were lying on Peanut's bed. Climbing up to kiss them goodbye, I kneeled over Loaf and counted them off.

"One kiss." ::mwah::
"Two kisses." ::mwah::
"Three kisses. ::mwah::

Then I kneeled over Peanut and repeated the process.

Peanut: Are you going to sit here and kiss us all day?
Me: Oh, I wish I could, but I have to go to work.
Peanut: But it's more fun for you to stay here and kiss us.
Me: Yes, it is, but while kissing you makes me very, very happy, I don't get paid to do it. Happiness doesn't pay the mortgage.
Peanut: I could pay you.
Me: With what?
Peanut: My bank.
::gets up and brings me her piggy bank::
Me: You are the sweetest child alive.

And she is. Except for maybe Loaf. My Lord, how I am blessed.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Oh so very very sweet.

11:08 PM  
Blogger XUP said...

They're sooo open and loving and generous when they're young... sigh...then they become teenagers. Still lovely, mind you, just fewer of those Awwww moments

5:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love this. They are so pure, aren't they?

9:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Indeed, you are!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home