Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines

November 1st.

All day I've had this nagging feeling that I'm supposed to do something. What could it be? I picked Peanut and her friend up from school. I managed to keep three preschool girls entertained all afternoon without a single notable injury or meltdown. I updated a document for work and interviewed someone for my next project. I even did a load of a laundry.

Hmmm? What am I forgetting?

OH YES! Duh. November 1st!! The official start of National Blog Posting Month. How pathetic would it be if I forgot that on the first day out of the gate - yikes!

So here we go. Wheeeee!

I must admit, I'm a bit nervous about my participation this year. Last Year, I signed up on a whim, on November 1, after I randomly stumbled upon another participant's blog. I didn't think about it, didn't have any time to worry about or analyze what i was doing. As Nike says, the only thoughts in my head were, "Just Do It."

This year, I signed up what feels like ages ago. I've had weeks - literally - to try to think about how I'm going to fill my blog with interesting and engaging daily posts for an entire month. I'm especially worried, because I've suffered a bit of writer's block lately.

But I'm determined to get through it again this year. If there's one thing NaBloPoMo taught me, life can be pretty interesting if you stay alert and keep your eyes and ears open.

Good luck to all the NaBloPoMo-ers. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Good luck to you too!!

I hope some interesting things start happening around here.

11:32 PM  
Blogger XUP said...

All the best fellow NaBloPoMo type person.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Good luck!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home