Monday, January 14, 2008

Reprieve

A few months ago, I received a notice for jury duty.

I’m not one who goes into jury duty plotting and scheming to get out of it as quickly as possible. As much of a pain in the ass as it is, I think jury duty is an important component of what makes the American judicial system (generally) effective.

That said, last night when I called the court’s service number to see if I would have to report, I was extremely relieved to hear that my juror number had been excused.

Important job or not, I’m stoked to have gotten credit for performing my civic duty without actually having to do anything. Now that’s really the American way.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rocas said...

A lottery most people love to lose.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home