Sunday, January 13, 2008

Safety PSA of the day

My friend Maureen posted the saddest video about a three-year-old boy who was killed when his seatbelt failed. He was in a booster seat vs. a car seat with a five-point harness.

Here is a similar tragedy. Look at this little girl. I could just cry rivers thinking about it.



And this one - similar.



Horrifying.

My girls are still in their Britax car seats, which are designed to hold them until they're 65 pounds.

I had no intention of moving them to a booster seat anytime soon, but after seeing these videos? They'll be buckled into them until the last possible moment.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Oh Kim! I am really choked up now. The one with the little boy nearly did me in but these... Pretty powerful stuff.

I know these parents will be kicking themselves forever thinking, what if? Now, we won't have to do the same. Thankfully, the message is getting out there.

My guy, he's going to me in that 5 point harness until he can drive himself!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Ang said...

Okay, I watched them against my fragile better judgement. But I'm glad I did. Z has been itching to get into a booster like sissy. After seeing these...I will stop considering it.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Matron said...

Oh My God: My forty pound nearly five-year old just graduated to his britax 'booster' as opposed to the five point harness that I GAVE AWAY. This is horrifying. At first I panicked about the expense of buying another Britax five point, but what's the greater cost? Thanks SO much for posting this.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home