Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wordless Wednesday: The baby squirrel

We walked outside and it was just sitting there on the front step. A teeny, tiny baby squirrel.

We walked outside and it was just sitting there.

So of course, we fed it.

It was REALLY hungry.

At one point, it was sitting on top of Mark’s foot, eating.

At one point it was sitting on top of Mark's foot.

It ate about three of these big, round crackers.

It ate like 3 of these crackers.

It was fearless, even climbing up into Mark’s hand.

So hungry it even climbed up . . .

And sat in Mark's hand.

We put it down under a tree and went out for the night and it came back (with a brother? Sister?) and has been hanging around the kitchen stoop for a few days. We aren’t feeding it anymore (aside from what drops out of the bird feeder) because we really don’t want another pet.

And yes, Mark washed his hands really well after putting it down.

Click here to see who else is wordless today.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute - so tiny!

8:39 AM  
Blogger lareine said...

wow!!! i would love to see one that close!!! it seems that you have a very inviting home, what with squirrels waiting at your doorstep, and not scuttling away when you approach it... thank you for sharing these lovely photos... they seem to be just snapshots, but still well-composed :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mayberry said...

I generally hate squirrels, but THAT is cute.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Amila Salgado said...

How lucky it is to invite such an adorable little squirrel on to your hand!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...he's CUTE!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My word, it's so tiny!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a little cutie!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have never seen a squirrel get that close to a human before. It is quite cute!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know, it's cute 'cause it's little...but it's still a rodent. Squirrels make me squirrely. They look like big rats, even when they're cute and little and eating off your foot --- that is eating crackers off your foot, not literally eating OFF your foot...although they may do that too if the crackers don't reappear pdq

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute~!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice that your kids can play with animals in nature. (I would probably never let my son play with our NYC squirrels!)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Cute! But yeah, I wouldn't continue to feed it unless you want it living with you ;) At our last house we were overrun with squirrels due to the bird feeders. They terrorized our dog!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Beth Fish said...

Gah, so cute! My mom thinks squirrels are vermin, but I think they are adorable.

2:45 PM  
Blogger pink and green mama MaryLea said...

So sweet, I love squirrels and their little nut shaped heads! I just found your site through Not Hannah and I love it, after reading your 100+ things and Anti-Palin article I think you and I share a brain. I had no idea I had a twin sister living in NY, my mom always said I was an only child! So nice to have found you, I'm adding you to my favorites. Have a great day!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! How flipping adorable!! Great shots~~

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home