Monday, May 03, 2010

The Artiste

Loaf just finished an art class at her preschool. The session, which was about eight weeks long, focused on Monet, Picasso and Warhol, among others. My little artiste painted some lovely works of art in different styles, though she refused to paint a Warhol-like painting of shoes and instead painted a blue-jay telling the instructor, "There aren't any mistakes in art."

Heh. You have to sort of love that.

Her works - displayed for the art show:

Next stop . . . the MoMa

Here she is talking about her favorite painting - the one on the lower right. It is a Picasso-esque flower, but to give it some extra zip she threw Kevin from "Up" in there too. Do you see her?

The artist, talking about her work

And since she painted a blue-jay, she insisted that her blue-jay, Bluey, come to the art show. So I sat there balancing Bluey on my lap the whole time and when it was her turn to talk she waved and said not "Hi Mom and Dad" but, "Hi Bluey." I'm cool with this, but if her college graduation cap says, "Thanks Bluey," we're going to have to have a talk.

The artist with her paintings

So there she is. My little artist. The next unit is sculpture and I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

* * *
I also wanted to thank all of you who wrote me notes here and on Facebook, as well as via e-mail and snail mail, offering your condolences and support. I'm still very up and down, but knowing so many people are out there sending good thoughts and prayers has meant the world to me. I'm truly awed and humbled by the kindness from so many I know, as well as so many I've never even met. My world is a better place with all of you in it and I thank you.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Not Hannah said...

All of them are gorgeous, but the blue tree thingum in the middle is totally putuponthewallable. (Also, she is precious.)

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Aunt Shirley said...

Children balance out our losses several times over.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Shirley said...

Children balance our losses several times over.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous mayberry said...

I love love love kid art, especially Loaf's; and I love how her dress coordinates so well with her work!

2:06 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

She looks like Picasso surveying her works! Love it.

9:11 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Re-reading. I declare that the second photo needs to be framed.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Cold Spaghetti said...

Brilliant!!

No question that is Kevin. Saw him even before you said it!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Chelsie said...

You must be so proud of your "artiste"! I love the painting in the middle-- of the blue tree. That is beautiful!

--Found you on BlogHer :)

Feel free to visit my new blog The Word Wall!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home