Saturday, November 06, 2010

My afternoon date

Today I had a date with Peanut. Nothing fancy: just a trip to Target. And while taking both of them shopping is usually a fine experience, when it's just one of them, the fun factor rises exponentially.

With Loaf at a birthday party, Peanut and I browsed the aisles of Target together killing time. We leisurely strolled through the Christmas section oooing and ahhing over the sparkly ornaments. We perused the toy section - checking out the Barbie aisle (I can't help it; I'm still a sucker for Barbie). We tried on sunglasses and cheap, costume jewelry and hats and giggled our way through the store.

Mark and I often talk about having one-on-one "dates" with the girls (he takes one, I take the other and then a couple weeks later we switch), but life gets going and it rarely happens. Today was a treat - a joy - and a reminder of just how important that one-on-one time is for us all. Hopefully, we'll find a way to make it happen again soon.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous m said...

Yesterday my daughter had a sleepover so we had lots of one-on-one (and two-on-one) time with the boy. It was so nice!

11:40 PM  
Anonymous mayberry said...

oops, hit enter too soon; that last one was from me!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I love the one-on-one "dates" because they are so precious. F and I have been switching on and off lately and the boys are really enjoying it as well. We know it's usually time for one when they say "I miss you" a lot, even though they see us all the time.

Glad you had fun, fun, fun!!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home