Saturday, November 04, 2006

Priorities

I woke up this morning full of ambition, writing out a long to-do list of projects big and small. Repot a plant. Dust all the pictures on the bookshelves. Clean my bathroom. Work more on painting the trim in the hallway (a project I started over the summer that's still not done).

But Loaf woke up sick. Quite sick. For about two weeks, the poor thing has been plagued almost continuously with a cold. It was better this week, and practically gone yesterday. But today it was back with a vengence and she demanded being held much more than ususal.

Sure, there were moments here and there when she'd get down and play for a while, and thankfully she took a pretty long nap this afternoon. But for the most part all she wanted was human comfort.

So my pictures are still dusty. My tub still needs a good scrubbing. That poor plant is still stuffed into a pot that's way too small. But for much of today, my sweet, sick, feverish baby laid her head on my chest and felt comfort, and that's really all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home