Monday, November 27, 2006

Writer's block - time for a meme

I've gone 26 days without having to resort to a meme and I thought I could pull out the whole month, but nope. Unfortunately my creative juices (at least for today) have run dry. So here's a little holiday meme from my friend Beckie that I thought was cute. Besides, it's 65-degrees here and I need a little something to get me into the holiday spirt.

1. Snow? For two weeks prior to Christmas only. After that bring on the thaw.
2. Can you ice skate? Yes, though not that well.
3. Do you remember your favorite gift? Engagement ring, baby!
4. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Getting together with family and friends.
5. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Easy - iced sugar cookies. I could eat my weight in them.
6. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve with my mom, step-dad, brother, aunts, uncles and cousins. Sooo fun!
7. What tops your tree? A star made of grapevine and white lights. I love it.
8. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Come and trim my Christmas tree with some decorations bought at Tiffany . . . Huh? Did you ask me something?
9. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Tough call. I love so many. I guess I'd have to go with The Christmas Song.
10. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I think they're pretty gross.
11. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate hands down. Especially when made with real cocoa and cream. Mmmm.
12. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He just sat them under the tree for me, but for some insane (myhusbandinsisted) reason he wrapped them last year for our kids, which all I have to say about that is why Santa feels the need the to be up at 2 a.m. wrapping is beyond me especially when the children will be up exactly four hours later and tear through all his handiwork in about .0087 seconds. He has enough to do. I say save yourself the effort, Santa. Maybe you can have a little chat with my husband about this issue?
13. Colored or White Lights on the house? White, though Peanut is lobbying hard for colored. This year I get my way; we'll see about the future.
14. Do you hang mistletoe? Of course! I loves me some Christmas kissin'.
15. When do you put your decorations up? Usually right after Thanksgiving, but I'm a bit behind this year.
16. What is your favorite holiday dish? Lasagna, kielbasa, ham and cookies. (And we wonder why everyone runs out and joins the gym a week later.)
17. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve, waiting with my cousins to open presents. It seemed like the adults were purposefully torturing us by sitting in the next room making us wait for hours while they passed the time chatting. It doesn't sound like much fun, but it was. We would all egg each other on and send the youngest to go ask when we could open presents about 75 times. And we'd laugh and be goofy the whole time.
18. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? There was no big moment, I sort of just figured it out.
19. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open gifts with my mom's family on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day.
20. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights with garland, ribbon and lots of ornaments collected in our travels through the years. Here's a picture of last year's tree:

886263271303_0_ALB

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I have tree envy.

Sigh.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Mrs. C. - Thanks! :-)

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now you're one of the adults talking while the children wait...sending in the one with verbal skills - tho' it will be Loaf's turn (as youngest) very soon

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home