Wednesday, January 17, 2007

If she were a superhero I'd call her . . .

Garlic Girl!

Today in my house, I noticed a sudden, strong odor of garlic but couldn't figure out the source.

Following my nose, I made my way to Peanut's room where the odor went up about 100 points on the olfactory decimal scale (if there even is such a thing).

Me: Um, Peanut? Did you get into some garlic?
Peanut: (Very proudly) Yes, Mommy! I ate it!
Me: You ate it? Did you eat a lot of it?
Peanut: No. Just two.
Me: Two? Two bites?
Peanut: No, two big ones.
Me: Two big ones? You mean two cloves? You ate two whole cloves of garlic?
Peanut: (Staring blankly at me for a moment then grining widely). Two big ones, Mommy! They were good!
Me: Mmm hmmm. Well, where are the peels?
Peanut: This way, Mommy. (Leads me into kitchen where she opens up the garbage can and points). There. They're all in there.
Me: (Opening lid and confirming that yes indeed, there lay the peels of about two cloves of garlic.)

Hey, at least she threw away the peels.

Now, does anyone know if Altoids are safe for kids?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha. Awesome.

5:59 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Too funny! Love it!
Hey thanks for the link!
Laryssa

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must take after her grand(great?)- aunt

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Too funny! No idea about the Altoids but my kid loves those Listerene breath strips.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home