Monday, February 05, 2007

Daily candy

Mark was out late Saturday night, and up early (just after 5 a.m.) with the kids on Sunday morning.

So, he was pretty damn tired Sunday afternoon and while we were all playing in Peanut's room, he fell sound asleep on her bed. A bit after that, Loaf and I went out into the living room to read stories while Peanut continued playing in her room. After a while, she joined us and this is what she said:

Peanut: "Mommy, I turned off the light in my room so Daddy can sleep."
Me: "Aw, that was so nice of you."
Peanut: "Yep. And I also turned on my butterfly lights* so he wouldn't get scared."

Could you die? I mean, how freakin' sweet is that?!?! My God, I love that kid. :-)

*We hung these butterfly lights in her room about a month ago and they now serve as her nightlight. And to give credit where credit is due, Mark called every Target in NJ looking for these until he finally found a store that had two left and then went out in the dark on one of the coldest nights of the year to buy them. So he's pretty sweet too. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a sweetie...
Sass has those lights too!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home