Sunday, November 18, 2007

8 things I learned at date night

Last year, we had a really fun night out with a couple of friends. It was so fun, that I was horribly hungover the next day, and still felt pretty substandard when Monday rolled around. Ouch.

While I think it's great to go out and tie one on every now and then, I've already done that this year at my sister-in-law's wedding (and for that one I got to fly home while feeling like death - fun! NOT!) and the memory of that is still waaaaay too fresh. So last night when we went out with the same friends, we decided to keep things a little more low key and just go to the The Melting Pot for dinner.

Still, there are always lessons to be learned, and here they are:

1. A bucket of cheese and a huge pile of bread make damn fine eatin'.
2. When going to a restaurant with a big pot of boiling water in the middle of the table, be sure to scope out which way the steam is blowing as you approach your table and sit on the OPPOSITE side, whilst you will get a facial with your meal.
3. When drinking a bright red pomegranate cosmos, set the glass down before giggling, especially if you are wearing a white top.
4. If your waitress is 20, named Gabrielle and wearing 87 pounds of bright blue glittery eye shadow, you will get excellent service, but be continuously reminded of Janice from Friends every time she opens her mouth. Consider yourself warned.
5. Cooking your own food at a restaurant is much more fun than cooking your own food at home. Which totally makes no sense. YOU are paying THEM to cook your own food. And doing so happily. (I blame the cosmos).
6. If you think the big vat 'o cheese was good, wait until the big vat 'o chocolate comes out for dessert. It's like sex in a pot.
7. A big vat of melted chocolate can only be made better by adding cheesecake, brownies, strawberries and marshmallows for dipping. Holy orgasmic food, Batman!
8. Eating so much will give you insomnia to the point where you might as well have been out until 4 a.m. anyway. So next year? Bring it on!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger evilpinkcupcake said...

OH

MY

GOD!

So not fair..... melted.... chocolate... goodness.... drooooools....

11:30 PM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Sounds like somewhere I really need to go!!!! Yum.

11:47 PM  
Blogger XUP said...

This sounds like a terribly dangerous place to eat. I think you're better off clubbing 'till 4:00 am

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice blog. I came across that adorable photo of your bedheaded daughter while looking for bedhead pictures for my site - www.MyBedHead.net . I was wondering if you would grant me permission to use that bedhead picture. (The one with her back to the camera) We are a clean, family friendy site. I can credit your site in the photo if you'd like. MyBedHead is still in development and is not making any money as of yet. I just need interesting bedhead photos to get started..
Thanks,
tim
www.mybedhead.net
timothyjhurley@yahoo.com

1:35 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I've always wanted to try out The Melting Pot - but we don't have one close by.

5:12 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Melted cheese, when mixed with anything alcoholic, brings me to my knees. Literally. >sobbing<

Hm. Maybe for lunch though!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, that looks like so much fun. My wife and I were just talking about the last time we went on a date night (way too long ago), and that we need to ramp that up again. This looks like a great spot (she loves that kind of thing).

Thanks and forewarned.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home