Thursday, November 08, 2007

To be a kid again

I think one of the greatest things about having children is reliving the best parts of your childhood through them. There is nothing as amazing as Halloween or Christmas morning viewed through the eyes of your own children. But the thrill doesn't have to come from the grandiose or exceptional. It can also come about in the simple, ordinary, every day stuff. Raking leaves, for example:

DSC00011

DSC00012

Just off camera, Mark is raking leaves onto them. And they are loving it.

DSC00029

DSC00032

DSC00044

I love this one. Doesn't it make you want to go flop down in a big pile of leaves?

DSC00009

Daddy gets in on the action.

DSC00048

I adore this picture.

DSC00067

And now the fun is over. The girls are heading inside for a snack and poor Mark is left to finish the job by himself. It sure stinks being a grown-up sometimes.

Our yard

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger alejna said...

Those are great photos. They make me want to romp in a pile of leaves. (But I still don't feel like raking.)

I've recently discovered that I have a reason to go down slides, as I follow my toddler around the playground. I like slides.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Andie D. said...

YES!

From playing with toys to seeing the world through a child's eyes again - I love it!

These pictures are frame worthy. It helps that your children are beautiful, but I want to know what kind of camera you use!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Alejna - thanks! I love the playground too. The swings are the best.

Andie - thank you! We have a Sony 5.0 megapixel Cyber-Shot. It's over 4 years old now, but still working great.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Oh wow. I'm so jealous. It's already gotten cold and wet enough here that the leaves dropped immediately, but they couldn't truly be appreciated.

And you got some really good shots in there. <3

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos are gorgeous!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Great pics!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home