Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Damn you, Ben Franklin

So here we are on day four since the clocks went back and, just like last year, we are in hell.

Peanut woke up this morning at 4:57 a.m.

So guess what happened tonight? This:

Asleep on the kitchen floor. TIme? 6:49 p.m.

The aftermath of the time change

Actual time of photograph: 6:49 p.m.

I.Am.So.Fucked.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Ben "hey-let's-screw-with-the-clocks-twice-a-year" Franklin for making my life hell for six months a year (though according to Wikipedia some guy named William Willet {whoever the fuck that is} was the one who actually foisted it upon the rest of us. Jerkoff.)

I'm sure Mr. Franklin and Mr. Willet didn't intend to cause utter chaos in the Gav household when they conceived of their idea. I'm sure they had no idea that decades later some poor mother would be dealing with a small child at her bedside every morning between 4 and 5 a.m. demanding breakfast because the night before she fell asleep before dinner. I'm sure none of that crossed their minds and they were genuinely all about getting people to go out and enjoy the sunshine and feel alive and be happy and all that other bullshit.

But you know what? Right now, none of that is making me feel much better. So thank you Mr. Franklin and Mr. Willett (both MEN by the way, who probably never ONCE in their lives had to get up with a child). I wish I could wake you up tomorrow morning when my child wakes and make you drag your sorry ass out of bed before the heat has even kicked on to fetch her some cereal, but unfortunately, you are both dead and getting all the sleep you want. How convenient.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger alejna said...

She looks so sweet and peaceful in the photo, though.

The time change amazingly worked out well for us this year. Our daughter's bed time had been straying later and later, so we actually got to reset to our intended bedtime.

But I'm with you on the general suckiness of the idea. The last couple of time changes were utter hell. And who's brilliant idea is it for us to have dark skies at 4 in the afternoon? I protest.

11:13 PM  
Blogger XUP said...

I thought it was Sir Sandford Flemming who screwed with the clocks.. or did he just set the time zones??

Okay, so theoretically, in the spring when we move the clocks forward your babe will be sleeping in an extra hour every day giving you and the Mr. plenty of time for hanky, not to mention panky

8:52 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I am right there with ya! B doesn't sleep late as it is (5:30 -6:00 a.m.) and now? He wants to get up at about 4:30 and he's cranky by his bedtime. I tried to let him stay up later but he gets a second wind and fuggetaboutit!

Here's to hoping their bodies adjust sooner than later!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I feel your pain about the time change.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home