Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dirty secrets

Yesterday morning Peanut wanted to help me clean up the kitchen. Grabbing her child-sized broom, she stood next to me, sweeping crumbs of toast and pieces of cereal into a small plastic dustpan.

After a few minutes, Loaf wandered into the room.

“If you think we’re playing, Loaf, we’re not,” Peanut asserted. “We’re really working here. This is serious business. You can’t just imagine dirt like this.”

Fannnnn-tastic. Now even my own child knows what poor housekeeper I am.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, this is good. See, I've discovered that in an effort to assert their independance, kids do become the opposite of their parents. Ergo, you have a full-time housekeeper -- for free!!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

XUP - I like the way you think!

7:27 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

No one has ever looked back on there lives and said, "I wish I washed the floors more often."

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home