Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My backup(s)

If things go south with Mark, it appears I have a backup plan in place.

You see, I’ve had two marriage proposals lately. Considering it took Mark over 10 damn years to propose (not that I’m harboring any bitterness about that or anything), I’m thinking this is pretty cool.

And what’s more? They came within seconds of each other.

Plus, the two proposers even fought over me. How lucky am I? It went something like this:

Peanut: Mommy, I love you. I love you so much that I want to marry you someday. Will you marry me?

Me: Oh, that’s so sweet. I’m flattered.

Loaf: NO! I want to marry Mommy.

Peanut: Nope. I asked her first. I am going to marry her and live with her forever.
(turning to me)
Can I live with you forever?

Me: Uh . . . .

Loaf: Mommy, you marry me? You marry me forever?

Me: You are both just the sweetest girls in the world. I’m such a lucky Mommy.

Peanut: No! I asked her first. Mommy, can we get married someday? I will wear the dress and you can wear a suit like Daddy.

Me: How come I don’t get to wear the dress? I have to say, I'm kind of all about the dress.

Loaf: If you marry me, we both wear dress.

Me: Hmmm. That’s a pretty good offer.

Peanut: OK, you can wear the dress too. We can all wear them.

Loaf: We both marry Mommy!

Me: Sounds like a plan to me.

Peanut: Yay!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Quarantine Hobby said...

Aw! That is just the sweetest thing! Don't you love kids? They really make life so much sweeter.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

The Poo cried pitifully last week when her daddy tried to explain to her that he wouldn't be able to marry her.

Then she decided she would marry me instead.

This was adorable.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Where's the tape recorder when you need it? - and trust me, you'll wish you had it when boys start coming over! :0

Very adorable though!!! :)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, dude! What would Freud say? ;)

1:08 AM  
Blogger Jennifer S said...

So sweet.

My 7 year old daughter wants to live with me forever, but there's been no talk of marriage. :-)

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was adorable. I remember the first time my son told me he was going to marry me and he was going to wear his Clark Kent suit so that he looked handsome.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home