Just say NO to plastic
If you haven't started doing this yet, here's why it's so important to make a better effort to bring your own bags. And if you do end up with plastic bags, don't just throw them in the trash. Some stores take them back for recycling.
If you don't have a store in your area that does that, there are lots of things you can do to reuse them right in your very own house including:
1. Save money by using them to line wastebaskets and diaper pails.
2. If you have a dog - poop bag.
3. Use them as filler when you mail packages.
4. Bring them with you when you travel and put soiled or wet clothing into them.
5. Keep them in your car for trash disposal or (if you have kids) emergency barf bags.
6. Use them to put items in when you donate goods to charity.
7. Donate them to local stores or businesses (the food pantry, the library, etc.)
8. If you don't want to spend money on canvas bags, reuse them when you go to the store.
Your kids will thank you someday for helping make the world a cleaner, better place.