Monday, November 24, 2008

I must remember not to forget this one

I don’t have a great memory. If I don’t write it down, put it on my calendar and/or send myself a reminder, it will most definitely be forgotten.

Lately, I’ve been even more scattered than usual. Last week, I brought the girls to school without their school bags or lunches. I didn’t even realize it until I pulled into the parking lot and realized they were not in the car. Smacking myself on the forehead, I declared, “Good Lord, I am getting old. I can’t remember anything anymore.”

Then I marched the girls to their classrooms, got back in the car, drove back home, got the bags and dropped them off at school. And that was the last I thought about it. The incident was, well, forgotten, if you will.

* * *
Flash forward to this weekend: Peanut found a bright pink stuffed horse that she wanted. Really badly. I told her we weren’t buying it, but that Santa was coming in a few weeks and he was watching and would remember it when it came time to bring her presents.

“But mommy, what if he forgets?”

“He won’t forget,” I promised. “He has a good memory.”

“But he might. He’s really, really old after all – almost as old as you and you’re always forgetting stuff.”

Oooookay.

::Note to self: no more self-deprecating age jokes in front of the children::

(And yes, I’m writing that down. Right. Here.)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha.
that's kinda cute!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tagged you on my blog.
see here: http://sauciewee.blogspot.com/2008/11/bookworm.html

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird that they think you're the oldest thing on the planet?

5:46 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Now all you have to do is remember to re-read this post so that Santa doesn't forget the pink horse.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer S said...

Yep, Santa's getting up there. Mine think I'm about a hundred.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She's got a point there... ; )

Thanks for the laugh!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Well... that's why we make Santa a wish list and mail it to him... isn't it?

That really is funny. I'm forgetting things and commenting on getting old all the time. Zoe hasn't said anything about it yet.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home