Sunday, March 08, 2009

No skating today (because it's 60something degrees - WOO HOO!)

Gorgeous 60something-degree day

We had a little taste of spring here in NJ this weekend and it was glorious.

On Saturday, we took the girls to a park and didn't have to wear jackets. It was too hot! (Global warming rocks.) Though apparently everyone in the state feels the same way because the park was so crowded there was a traffic jam and you could barely walk through it without bumping into someone.

Sunday was a little more overcast and cooler, but still wonderful. Mark played soccer, I went for a nice outdoor run and then we hit the local playground. Tomorrow, we're back to a much more seasonable 47-degrees, which is OK. Despite my earlier comment, I'd really prefer the Earth stay within it's normal temperature range if for no other reason than because I think polar bears are awesome and I'd like them to be around for the long haul.

***
Oh, and while we're talking about the weekend, I would just like to officially welcome back Daylight Savings Time with a huuuuggggeee hug and kiss.

:::smooooochhh::

Peanut actually slept in today until 6:30 a.m. I know that sounds RIDICULOUSLY early to a good number of you out there - those of you without kids, or with older kids, or anyone who has been lucky enough to be blessed with children who are late sleepers. But Peanut is an early riser. Really early.

When DST ended last fall, she was getting up around 4 a.m. We did manage to push her back a bit, but pretty much every day this winter she's been up around 5 or 5:30 a.m. I think there was that one day that she slept in until 6 a.m. and I actually went in to make sure she was breathing.

So now we're back on a sane schedule. At least until the fall.

So that was our weekend. Did you do anything fun? How is your household handing the changing the of the clocks?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Momisodes said...

Oh the weather WAS glorious this weekend here in Boston, too! This has been a long and bitterly cold winter. This weekend was the perfect break we needed :)

And OMG! 6:30am is WAY better than 4am.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lady M said...

4am would kill me. Enjoy the "late" wakings for a while!

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me and the time change, do not see eye to eye. ha ha ha!

Glad you had such a warm, wonderful weekend!

Are you on facebook?
If so, look me up.
Kate Suiter

2:57 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Hahaha- 5:30. Yep, childless and it's ridiculous to me, especially since I could NEVER get outta bed until late morning, and the only reason I get up early now is 'cause I get paid to!
Bless DST though. I am SO happy to come home in daylight. My whole personality has changed. Thank you Marty Meehan (D-MA), and thanks W for signing the bill (at least I think he had to). It's the only thing he did that I liked.
PS-we grilled both nights and went for a 3 hour walk around Cambridge!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home