Monday, November 06, 2006

Trying to find a glass half full

I was going to write this Really Cranky Post bitching about how I'm sick and Loaf is sick and Peanut is getting sick and how I have tons of work to do tonight/tomorrow morning and all I want to do is go to bed and how my house is always a complete fucking mess that I can never get ahead of, which on top of the work pressure, really stresses me out, but then I thought, "who the hell wants to read that?" Uck. DOWNER.

So instead I did a little Zen meditation and tried to think back to something that made me smile over the last couple of days and I came up with this.

In case the link doesn't work, it's a story about a bull that escaped from a slaughterhouse in Newark over the weekend. He ran amok though the city until he was finally lassoed and tranquilized. Apparently, the bill for his capture is more than he was worth at auction, so he's going to spend the rest of his days at farm for unwanted animals run by the Humane Society. I love it when the little guy (even if the "little guy" is a 600-pound bull) triumphs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you've sent me the link to your blog I am checking it out as often as is feasible (with 1 toddler, 1 infant, returning to work and having no sleep)! Nonetheless, you are providing me with some much needed sanity and I love your writing, regardless of the topic at hand. Keep it up - you're giving me quite the reason to smile!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home