Saturday, June 21, 2008

She what? Wait. WHAT?

Scene: Our house. Yesterday afternoon. Loaf and Peanut are playing happily in Peanut's room. The peace is suddenly shattered by shrieking followed by fast moving footsteps down the hall toward me. It's Peanut.

Me: Peanut what happened? What's wrong?

Peanut: (sobbing) Loaf. Loaf flipped me off.

:::long pause:::

Me: Wait a minute. She what?

Peanut: She flipped me off, Mom.

:::second long pause:::

Me: OK. Tell me exactly what happened. What did she do?

Peanut: (exasperated) She flipped me off, Mom. I was sitting on the chair in my room and she FLIPPED ME OFF IT.

Me: (sighing with relief) Oh, OK. Let's go have a talk with Loaf about that.

Kind of reminds me of another time we miscommunicated.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Life As I Know It said...

Phew!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

lol! Seems like mommy has her mind in the gutter ;)

My niece actually gave the finger to her mom after my brother let her watch Adam Sandler's Big Daddy. Why he thought it was appropriate for kids I will never know. I think she was around 5-6 at the time. My SIL was stunned speechless! Of course, my niece had no idea what it meant or that it was a bad thing.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

heeheehee

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home