Sunday, November 25, 2007

Reunion: Part Two

Don’t you love how I am milking this reunion for three posts in a row? Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last night was the formal part of my reunion. The turnout was great—lots of people from a number of different “groups.” And what was best of all? The groups melded and blended and I talked with people I hardly spoke with in high school, which was extremely cool. People overall have aged really well – there are so many beautiful women in my class and everyone was really friendly, fun and in the mood to have a great time.

I am exhausted, having gotten less than four hours sleep last night, so this is going to have to do for tonight. Here are a few photos, along with some of my favorite moments and lines from the night:

We clean up pretty well, no?

Before the reunion

At my mom's house before the big event.

- Sitting up on a couch on a stage behind the DJ with two of my best girlfriends, putting my arms around them and saying, “Yep, I’m just chillin’ wit my bitches.”

- The room’s explosion of cheers when my friend Jen walked in carrying a tray loaded with shots.

- Opening up the dance floor, and closing the dance floor, with a group of my best friends.

Me and my friend Kim

My very, very good friend Kim. Isn't she adorable?

- Boy I once had a crush on: I’m buying you this drink to make up for all the times I was mean to you.
Me (jokingly): It’s going to take a lot more drinks so keep them coming.

- Girl to a man who shaves his head bald and has a graying goatee (and who looks great by the way): You look exactly the same as you did in high school! (He was clean shaven and had a full head of hair).
That man’s wife (looking at him): He does?!?

- Cool break dancing by my friend Marc.

- Singing the “Grease” megamix and acting out all the various dance moves with several students who were in our senior year production of “Grease.”

- Catching up with my friend Mark on Friday night and hearing he is going to run the Boston Marathon this year! (Go Mark!)

- Hearing so many great things about my husband.
He’s so nice!
We love him! We’ve accepted him as one of our own.
What a great guy for taking all those pictures for us.

(Anyone who knows Mark can guess that he knew just as many people as me by the time the night was over).

- Friend (hugging me at the end of the night): I love you.
Me: I love you too. You’re one of my best friends and always will be.

Friends: John, Shelly, Mark, Jen, Me, Mark, Kim

Our table after our (first) round of shots.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Looks and sounds like you had an absolute blast.

9:55 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

Glad you had such a great time! Class reunions are fun, I don't care how goofy people think they are.
You looked great by the way. Nice dress and the hair looks great!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home