Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sweet good night

It is 8:37 p.m. and Peanut is exhausted. She walks down the hall and climbs into her bed.

“I’ll be right there, honey,” I tell her. “Let me just finish up with this e-mail.”

Less than two minutes later, I am at her bedside. She is already in bed with the light off and eyes shut, her breathing slowing to a deep rhythm that signals sleep.

I lean over her, brushing her hair off her face and placing my lips against her forehead for a soft kiss.

“Good night, my love. Mommy loves you more than you know,” I whisper.

Straightening up, I look down at her. Her eyes are still closed and she has fallen asleep, but a big smile now graces her lips. She has heard me. I know she won’t remember this moment, but my message has gotten through. I can only hope she will hold it as close to her heart as I do.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful moment. Thank you for sharing it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Such a sweet moment to capture for always.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Awww...that is so sweet. <3

1:01 AM  
Blogger XUP said...

Were you as awed as I was when I had my first child, at the intensity of feeling that sprung up from somewhere deep inside you that you never knew you had?

2:23 PM  
Blogger ryssee said...

THAT is such a sweet story :-)
Things like that, you'll never forget.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home