Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Warning: Reduced speed ahead

Weeks ago, my boss and I scheduled a meeting with a client with offices in midtown Manhattan - two short blocks from Rockefeller Center.

At the time, we did not give much thought to the fact that it was a 3 p.m. meeting.
Nor did we think about the fact that we would officially be in the thick of "Holiday Season" in New York.
We did not think about the fact that it was likely to be a "Gridlock Alert Day."
And we certainly did not think that this day, of all days, was when they were lighting the Rock Center Christmas tree.

Duh.

Gridlock alert day

5:36 p.m. West Side Highway, NYC.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ryssee said...

aaargh, how frustrating!!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm totally laughing at you! It's bad enough on a normal day.

11:21 AM  
Blogger XUP said...

New York is super-cool. Such cosmopolitan problems never happen to me.

2:08 PM  
Blogger evilpinkcupcake said...

oh oh oh I have ALWAYS wanted to see the big tree at xmas time; I so need to vacay there one december just to expeience it all.... but the traffic, the gridlock, the frustrations... yah that would suck!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Yikes! I don't miss that commute at all!

So, did you make the meeting?

1:58 PM  
Blogger imaginary binky said...

It was hard enough trying to wander through Manhattan on foot during the holidays. I can't imagine trying to drive there.

Did you make it?

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home